Video editing is quite an interesting activity. While some people do it just for fun or as a hobby, some people do it with a purpose. Either way, you will need video editing software in order to edit your videos. There are many amazing paid software available in the market that would allow you to do video editing with ease. However, if you are not in a mood to spend money on such a software then you do not have to as there are various free video editing software as well, both for Windows as well Mac.
Using these free video editing software for Mac are very easy. You just need to make few clicks in order to complete your desired task. Just select your video and start making changes as per your requirements.
10 Best Free Video Editing Software for Mac:
- iMovie: It is the default video editing software that comes with Mac OS. iMovie is a part the Apple’s iLife suite and it can be used for editing small video projects.
- Blender: It is an amazing video editing software which is also very user friendly. Blender is a non-linear video editor and easy to work with after going through a few video tutorials.
- Kdenlive: Kdenlive is very nice and free software for editing videos on Mac operating system. It is one of those non-linear video editing features that are full of interesting and also have support forum, where you can seek help in case you get stuck while editing your videos.
- Lightworks: It is undoubtedly one of the best free video editing software available on the internet. Although the free version of Light works has a large number of amazing features, but if you want more you can upgrade to the paid version.
- Avidemux: It is a very basic video editor that does not have many specialised features. However, it has all the required features of a simple video editing and also supports more than one input and output format.
- Jahshaka: It is quite nice software for editing videos for free. It is an open source and cross platform video editor with all the essential effects and features as expected in a video editor.
- VideoLan Movie Creator: This video editor is still in its development phase but still it provides all the necessary features for editing videos. It is free and quite promising video editor.
- Wondershare Filmora: Originally known as Wonder share video editor, Wonder share Filmora is a great choice of software for video editing. Apart from having all the basic tools for video editing, it has a long list of advanced effects too. Moreover, it supports almost all the video formats both for input as well as output.
- ZS4 Video Editor: ZS4 Video Editor is a free video editing software that allows you to combine files of different types into a single output file. Thus, you can combine a video with another video or a music or text file and the final video that you will get will run perfectly fine.
- Hyper Engine-AV: This free video editor is capable of doing a lot of tasks like capturing, importing, exporting, editing, trimming etc. With Hyper Engine-AV, you can create DVD quality movies or slide shows and also add text to it.
- iSkysoft Video Editor: This software is not only a video editor but video converter as well. It has a long list of features as well as amazing effects that can be used to make a video very interesting.
Listed above are some of the best video editing software for Mac. There are of course many paid video editing software that has some more features but if you are not willing to pay then you can use any of these free video editing software listed above. Some of these software’s are even equally good as many paid ones.